Latest Information Update: 03 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Gem Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anthracyclines; Cytostatic antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Reactive oxygen species stimulants; RNA synthesis inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Sep 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Feb 2004 ACCESS Oncology has been acquired by Keryx Biopharmaceuticals
- 25 Jan 2002 GPX 100 has been licensed to ACCESS Oncology worldwide except for Asia where Gem Pharmaceuticals retains rights