HIV vaccine (TBC-3B) - Therion BiologicsAlternative Names: DNA prime/MVA boost vaccine - Therion; multigenic DNA/MVA prime/boost vaccine - Therion; Recombinant MVA-fowlpox HIV-1 vaccine - Therion; Recombinant Vaccinia-HIV-1 IIIB Env/Gag/Pol Vaccine (TBC-3B); TBC-3B
Latest Information Update: 25 Aug 2008
At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA); Therion Biologics
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Feb 2008 Pharmacodynamics data from a phase I trial in HIV-1 infections presented at the 15th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2008)
- 23 Feb 2006 Data presented at the 13th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2006) have been added to the Viral Infections pharmacodynamics and immunogenicity sections
- 22 Aug 2003 This programme is still in active development