AscrolimusAlternative Names: A-86281; ABT 281
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Lactones; Macrolides; Skin disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Atopic dermatitis; Skin disorders
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jan 2013 Abbott separates its pharmaceuticals business to new company called AbbVie
- 15 Apr 2004 No development reported - Preclinical for Skin disorders in USA (Topical)
- 15 Apr 2004 No development reported - Preclinical for Atopic dermatitis in USA (Topical)