MaduramicinAlternative Names: CL 259971; CL 273703; Maduramicin ammonium
Latest Information Update: 23 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Acetic acids; Antifungals; Ionophores; Lactones
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cryptosporidiosis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cryptosporidiosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 03 May 2002 American Home Products and its subsidiaries Wyeth-Ayerst and Wyeth Lederle are both now called Wyeth
- 22 Jul 1997 Preclinical development for Cryptosporidiosis in USA (unspecified route)