HIV vaccine - Chiron/Mitsubishi PharmaAlternative Names: HIV-IT (V)
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Technologies
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Oct 2001 Welfide Corporation has merged with Mitsubishi-Tokyo Pharmaceuticals to form Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation
- 06 Apr 2000 Yoshitomi is now called Welfide Corporation
- 26 Mar 1998 Discontinued-I for HIV infections treatment in Japan (IM)