Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Celltech R&D
- Class Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis; Systemic lupus erythematosus; Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 01 May 2001 Celltech Chiroscience Discovery is now called Celltech R&D
- 02 Feb 2000 Medeva has been merged into Celltech Chiroscience, which is now called Celltech Group
- 22 Oct 1999 Celltech has merged with Chiroscience to form Celltech Chiroscience