At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jan 2013 Abbott separates its pharmaceuticals business to new company called AbbVie
- 21 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 21 May 2001 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)