Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2000
At a glance
- Originator Vernalis Group
- Class Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral ischaemia
Most Recent Events
- 15 Aug 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cerebral ischaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 24 May 2000 Vanguard Medica is now called Vernalis Group
- 29 Feb 2000 Cerebrus Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Vanguard Medica