At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jan 2013 Abbott separates its pharmaceuticals business to new company called AbbVie
- 15 Mar 2001 No-Development-Reported for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 14 Aug 1997 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)