At a glance
- Originator Medivir AB
- Developer Medivir AB; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2001 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Sweden (SC)
- 29 Aug 1997 New profile
- 19 Aug 1997 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in Sweden (SC)