Latest Information Update: 19 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Isis Pharmaceuticals; Novartis Ophthalmics
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides; Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cytomegalovirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-II for Cytomegalovirus infections in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 10 Nov 1998 Suspended-II for Cytomegalovirus infections in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 08 Jan 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Cytomegalovirus infections in USA (Unknown route)