TyloxapolAlternative Names: SuperVent
Latest Information Update: 24 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Charlotte-Mecklenberg Hospital Authority
- Developer Charlotte-Mecklenberg Hospital Authority; Discovery Laboratories; University of Utah
- Class Expectorants; Surfactants
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bronchitis; Cystic fibrosis