NXD 2858Alternative Names: NXD-2858; Spheron targeting agent
Latest Information Update: 18 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2006 This compound is still in active development
- 25 Aug 2004 This compound is still in active development
- 02 Oct 2001 This compound is still in active development