Somatropin - rEVO BiologicsAlternative Names: Human growth hormone - GTC
Latest Information Update: 21 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Originator GTC Biotherapeutics
- Class Growth hormones; Hormonal replacements
- Mechanism of Action Somatotropin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Somatotropin deficiency
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jan 2013 GTC Biotherapeutics is now called rEVO Biologics
- 15 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Somatotropin deficiency in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Jun 2002 Genzyme Transgenics Corporation is now called GTC Biotherapeutics