6-Homoneplanocin AAlternative Names: HNPA
Latest Information Update: 23 Apr 2003
At a glance
- Originator Asahi Kasei
- Class Antivirals; Purine nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action Adenosylhomocysteinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jan 2001 Asahi Chemical is now called Asahi Kasei
- 09 Sep 1997 New profile
- 09 Sep 1997 Preclinical development for Viral infections in Japan (Unknown route)