FrakefamideAlternative Names: BCH 3963; LEF; LEF 576; SPD 759
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Class Analgesics
- Mechanism of Action Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Pain
Most Recent Events
- 20 Sep 2001 AstraZeneca discontinued development of frakefamide with rights transferred back to Shire Pharmaceuticals
- 31 Jul 2001 AstraZeneca offers the rights for frakefamide back to Shire Pharmaceuticals
- 05 Jun 2001 BioChem Pharma has been acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group