At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Developer AstraZeneca
- Class Analgesics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed.
- 16 Sep 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Pain in Sweden (SC)