Captopril - Elan CorporationAlternative Names: Captelan
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Elan Corporation
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action ACE inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jun 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Congestive heart failure in USA (PO)
- 11 Jun 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 17 Sep 1997 New profile