MazokalimAlternative Names: UK 143220
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antihypertensives; Benzopyrans; Muscle relaxants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Asthma; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 27 Sep 2000 Pfizer has licensed the electrohydrodynamic pulmonary delivery technology of Battelle Pulmonary Therapeutics
- 23 Jun 2000 Pfizer has merged with Warner-Lambert
- 21 Mar 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made