At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Class Analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2008 NitroMed's nitric oxide-enhancing technologies are available for licensing
- 28 Aug 2000 No-Development-Reported for Peptic ulcer in USA (Unknown route)
- 30 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Undefined in USA (Unknown route)