Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Organon
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 2C receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jul 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Depression in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jul 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Depression in Europe (unspecified route)
- 10 Sep 1999 Phase-II clinical trials for Depression in Europe (Unknown route)