PA 1420Alternative Names: Polymyxin EI
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Peptide antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections; Pseudomonal infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 May 2001 Discontinued-Clinical for Pseudomonal infections in USA (Inhalation)
- 15 May 2001 Discontinued-Clinical for Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections in USA (Inhalation)
- 05 Oct 2000 PathoGenesis Corporation has been acquired by Chiron Corporation