Research programme: herpes simplex virus protease inhibitors - Agouron/Japan Tobacco
Latest Information Update: 22 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Agouron Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Agouron Pharmaceuticals; Japan Tobacco
- Mechanism of Action Herpes simplex virus protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 24 May 1999 Agouron acquired by Warner-Lambert