Tuberculosis vaccine - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: TB vaccine - GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antituberculars; Recombinant fusion proteins; Tuberculosis vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jan 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Tuberculosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Jul 2002 A vaccine candidate has been selected for phase I clinical trials.
- 28 Sep 2001 This vaccine is still in active development