SM 20550Alternative Names: SM-20550
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Amidines; Anti-ischaemics; Antiarrhythmics; Cardiotonics; Indoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium hydrogen antiporter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2001 A preclinical study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section
- 22 Mar 1999 Two preclinical studies have been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section ,
- 24 Feb 1998 A preclinical study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section