At a glance
- Originator Nippon Organon
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antiarrhythmics; Benzoxazines; Cardiotonics; Guanidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium hydrogen antiporter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Nov 1999 Kanebo's pharmaceutical business has been merged with Organon's Japanese operations to form Nippon Organon
- 16 Nov 1999 A preclinical study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section
- 09 Jun 1999 A preclinical study has been added to the Arrhythmias pharmacodynamics section