Clostridium difficile immune globulin - AcambisAlternative Names: CdIG
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Acambis
- Class Antibacterials; Immunoglobulins
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Clostridium infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Sep 2008 Acambis has been acquired by sanofi pasteur
- 19 May 2004 Suspended - Preclinical for Clostridium infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Jul 2002 Preclinical trials in Clostridium infections in USA (unspecified route)