Factor VIII gene therapy - Chiron/INEX
Latest Information Update: 16 Dec 1998
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Corporation; Inex Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Class Blood coagulation factors; Coagulants
- Mechanism of Action Blood coagulation factor replacements; Factor X stimulants; Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haemophilia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Haemophilia in USA (Unknown route)
- 16 Dec 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Haemophilia in Canada (Unknown route)
- 28 Oct 1997 Preclinical development for Haemophilia in USA (Unknown route)