SPD 451Alternative Names: Dopamine D1 agonists - Shire Pharmaceuticals; SPD451
Latest Information Update: 17 Jun 2004
At a glance
- Originator CeNeS Pharmaceuticals
- Developer CeNeS Pharmaceuticals; Shire Pharmaceutical Development
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Parkinson's disease in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 25 Jun 2002 This compound is still in active development with Shire Pharmaceuticals
- 03 Jan 2001 Shire Pharmaceuticals has entered into a licensing agreement with CeNes for the dopamine D1 agonist programme