At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antirheumatics; Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules; Thiazines
- Mechanism of Action Prostaglandin synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ocular inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 19 Oct 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 04 Nov 1997 New profile
- 04 Nov 1997 Phase-III clinical trials for Ocular inflammation in USA (Ophthalmic)