Estrogen dementia therapeutics - MIGENIX/Wyeth
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator MIGENIX
- Developer Wyeth
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor modulators; Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Sep 2004 Micrologix Biotech is now called MIGENIX
- 06 Sep 2004 MitoKor has been acquired and merged into Micrologix Biotech
- 27 Jun 2001 Phase-III clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)