Butenafine/betamethasone dipropionateAlternative Names: 501 cream
Latest Information Update: 20 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Bertek Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antifungals; Fluorinated steroids; Glucocorticoids
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants; Squalene monooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tinea pedis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Phase-III for Tinea pedis in USA (Topical)
- 13 Nov 1997 Phase-III clinical trials for Tinea pedis in USA (Topical)