Research programme: p16 gene therapies - IntrogenAlternative Names: INGN 221
Latest Information Update: 05 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Class Antineoplastics; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 15 Aug 2002 This therapy is still in active development
- 13 Nov 1997 Preclinical development for Solid tumours in USA (Unknown route)