Latest Information Update: 04 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Introgen Therapeutics
- Class Antineoplastics; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 08 Apr 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Prostate cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Jun 2001 INGN 231 is in active development
- 13 Nov 1997 Preclinical development for Prostate cancer in USA (Unknown route)