At a glance
- Originator Fujisawa
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 10 Mar 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Japan (Unknown route)
- 23 Jun 1998 Commercial data has been reviewed by Fujisawa
- 26 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in Japan (Unknown route)