Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator NPS Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Janssen L.P.; NPS Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antipsychotics
- Mechanism of Action Glycine reuptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Dementia; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 09 Dec 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Schizophrenia in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2003 Preclinical trials in Dementia in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Nov 2001 NPS Pharmaceuticals has received a milestone payment from Janssen in recognition of selection of a promising drug candidate