Research programme: L-ergothioneine analogues - OXISAlternative Names: L-ergothioneine analogues research programme - OXIS
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator OXIS International
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Adult respiratory distress syndrome; Chemoprotection; Eye disorders; HIV infections; Radioprotection
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Radiation injuries (Prevention)/Radioprotection in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Eye disorders in USA (unspecified route)