GDNF gene therapy - Aventis GencellAlternative Names: Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene therapy - Aventis Gencell; Parkinson's disease gene therapy - Aventis Gencell
Latest Information Update: 04 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis Gencell; CNRS
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Gene therapies; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression stimulants; Neuron stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer Gencell is now Aventis Gencell
- 02 Dec 1997 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in France (Unknown route)