Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Originator OXIS International
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Eye disorders; Skin disorders
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Skin disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Eye disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Dec 1997 Preclinical development for Eye disorders in USA (Unknown route)