At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antimalarials; Antiprotozoals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Falciparum malaria
Most Recent Events
- 19 Oct 2000 No-Development-Reported for Falciparum malaria in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 04 Dec 1997 New profile