HIV ribozyme gene therapy - Chiron/Sirna Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 18 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Sirna Therapeutics
- Class Antivirals; Gene therapies; Ribozyme genes
- Mechanism of Action Ribonuclease stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Apr 2000 Suspended-II for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Dec 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)