At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Rifamycins
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Mycobacterium avium complex infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 05 Dec 1997 Preclinical development for Mycobacterium avium complex infections in USA (Unknown route)