At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Migraine
Most Recent Events
- 17 May 1999 Phase-II clinical trials for Migraine in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Dec 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for Inflammation in USA (PO)