Research programme: nitric oxide scavengers - AnorMED
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator AnorMED
- Developer The Institute of Cancer Research; University of Alberta; University of Calgary
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Septic shock; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 07 Nov 2006 AnorMED has been acquired by Genzyme Corporation
- 30 Jul 2002 AnorMED is actively seeking partnering/licensing opportunities for its nitric oxide scavengers programme
- 29 Aug 2001 Preclinical development for Cancer in United Kingdom (Unknown route)