Linezolid oxideAlternative Names: PNU 141535
Latest Information Update: 26 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Oxazolidinones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 May 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Dec 2001 No-Development-Reported for Gram-positive infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation