At a glance
- Originator Chiron Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Antituberculars; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Tuberculosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Oct 2000 PathoGenesis Corporation has been acquired by Chiron Corporation
- 20 Jan 1998 New profile