At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 2C receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anxiety disorders
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 16 Nov 1999 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 11 Dec 1997 New profile