At a glance
- Originator Wakunaga Pharmaceutical
- Class Antibacterials; Quinolones
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Oct 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 15 Oct 2002 This compound is still in active development
- 05 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)