At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antibacterials; Cephalosporins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 May 2001 No-Development-Reported for Gram-positive infections in South Korea (PO)
- 02 Feb 1998 New profile
- 02 Feb 1998 Preclinical development for Gram-positive infections in South Korea (PO)