Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2000
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Peripheral vascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 15 Sep 2000 Discontinued-I for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 15 Sep 2000 Discontinued-I for Peripheral vascular disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 19 May 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in United Kingdom (Unknown route)